Thursday, August 29, 2013

Messy Metal with Tess

G'day from Australia! Tess here. We have a beautiful spring day for one of our last of winter.

I though I would quickly stop past and throw my bit in on the Metal Challenge. I hope you have gained some inspiration from the DT so far on how to use all of those bits and pieces that we all have laying around.
 
I have gone with a grunge look on this page (which I will let you know is very much out of my comfort zone). I knew exactly what photo I wanted to use and which metal, but the real challenge for me was how to make it look something like the idea I had in my head.
 
On the Other Side

 
Bring on a little bit of patients and lots of mediums to layer. I am spending a lot of time experimenting with new ideas at the moment and realised that worst case, I would have to throw this piece of cardstock in the bin and start again.
 
I have used a combination of mists, distress inks, H2Os and stamping to get this effect.
 
For the metal, I have used a few Tim Holtz Metal Mini Cogs as they were perfect for the feel of the page. There is nothing special about these. They have purely been positioned and stuck down. And you have to love a good flair button placed in there too!
 
Thanks for calling past. Check out the other gorgeous pages and have a go yourself. Don't forget to take a pic and upload it for us to see. You might just find yourself kicking back with us as a guest DT!

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, one of the many great things about scrapbooking is that you get to put things lying around and about your house into artistic use. You can incorporate almost anything as long as you can fit them inside the binder. While letting your creativity fly, you also de-stress yourself and earn satisfaction for yourself with every finished page. Good going!
    Jorjana @ AllScrapbookSteals.com

    ReplyDelete